Ok for the people that have windows vista home premium and bussiness and would like Dreamscene on their machines i have got my hands on a patched version😉.
I have tested this and it fully works but please note you need to have aero enabled to run dreamscene and also you need a pretty decent graphics card.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click All Programs.
3. Go into Accessories.
4. Right-click on Command Prompt.
5. Select Run as administrator.
6. When the UAC Prompt appears, click Continue.
Once you have your elevated command prompt, follow these steps:
In this case, i’m taking example of “themecpl.dll” file:
1. At the command prompt, input takeown /f filepath (takeown /f c:\windows\system32\themecpl.dll).
2. Press Enter on the keyboard.
3. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.
4. Now input icacls filepath /grant yourusername:f (icacls c:\windows\system32\themecpl.dll /grant user:f).
5. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.
You will now be able to modify or replace the file. Repeat the steps for all the files. When you are done, simply remove the permissions to keep the file secure.
Instructions Part 2:
But you can copy and paste these paths into Windows Explorer, and it will figure it out for you.
1. Copy DreamScene.dll to %windir%\system32
2. Copy DreamScene.dll.mui to %windir%\system32\en-US
3. Rename the file themecpl.dll in %windir%\system32 to themecpl.dll.original
4. Copy this patched version of themecpl.dll to %windir%\system32
5. Rename the file themecpl.dll.mui in %windir%\system32\en-US to themecpl.dll.mui.original
6. Copy this version of themecpl.dll.mui to %windir%\system32\en-US
7. Create a new folder in %windir%\Web named “Windows DreamScene” (without quotes).
This is where you can place your videos, for easy access through the Personalization control panel.
8. Import DreamScene.reg
9. Reboot (or kill explorer.exe and run it again).
Once done right click on the desktop and go to desktop prefs then desktop background then on the drop down list select Video then just browse for the video you want to use.