It seems my computer has decided not to live anymore so until i fix it i wont be online for abit hopefully i will be online for the weekend but for now i will be plainly working on getting myself back online 🙂
Archive for May, 2007
You may think “Has he found this yet”, yes i got my hands on it last night infact but now i have been told to take it down meh.
Hope ya can find it
Ok for the people that have windows vista home premium and bussiness and would like Dreamscene on their machines i have got my hands on a patched version ;).
I have tested this and it fully works but please note you need to have aero enabled to run dreamscene and also you need a pretty decent graphics card.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click All Programs.
3. Go into Accessories.
4. Right-click on Command Prompt.
5. Select Run as administrator.
6. When the UAC Prompt appears, click Continue.
Once you have your elevated command prompt, follow these steps:
In this case, i’m taking example of “themecpl.dll” file:
1. At the command prompt, input takeown /f filepath (takeown /f c:\windows\system32\themecpl.dll).
2. Press Enter on the keyboard.
3. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.
4. Now input icacls filepath /grant yourusername:f (icacls c:\windows\system32\themecpl.dll /grant user:f).
5. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.
You will now be able to modify or replace the file. Repeat the steps for all the files. When you are done, simply remove the permissions to keep the file secure.
Instructions Part 2:
But you can copy and paste these paths into Windows Explorer, and it will figure it out for you.
1. Copy DreamScene.dll to %windir%\system32
2. Copy DreamScene.dll.mui to %windir%\system32\en-US
3. Rename the file themecpl.dll in %windir%\system32 to themecpl.dll.original
4. Copy this patched version of themecpl.dll to %windir%\system32
5. Rename the file themecpl.dll.mui in %windir%\system32\en-US to themecpl.dll.mui.original
6. Copy this version of themecpl.dll.mui to %windir%\system32\en-US
7. Create a new folder in %windir%\Web named “Windows DreamScene” (without quotes).
This is where you can place your videos, for easy access through the Personalization control panel.
8. Import DreamScene.reg
9. Reboot (or kill explorer.exe and run it again).
Once done right click on the desktop and go to desktop prefs then desktop background then on the drop down list select Video then just browse for the video you want to use.
Its about time i had a much needed holiday so for the next week or so im not going to be active anywere on the web, if you have any problems with anything please post them once id rather not have a flood of Emails to my Inbox.
I do have someone checking the Blog but you wont notice him so wish me luck
2 complaints this week of problems downloading the games so im going to donate my spare time tomorrow (Thursday in the UK) to remove the games, re-upload them again and then test there download.
In the meantime i shall get in touch with the hosting service and allocate a new database for these files. I shall update this post and the Vista games for XP post also so please check back for an update 🙂
*update* New Database is in place and im now in the process of uploading the games again, also a few people requested Inkball so i have added this also to the list of games keep watching the Vista Games for XP post for the links to change.
Sniper101 (Jonathan Blog Owner)
So its tuesday 08 may straight after may day in the uk and what a better way to kick off the week with my give away of Joost invites 🙂 i have loads and loads of them so i wont be running out. If i do this post shall be updated stating that iv run out.
To obtain an Invite from me please leave:
Only 1 invite per person please and here’s a little secret 😉 you get 999 invites soon as you sign up 😉
Just an update to my blog just a theme change got bored of k2 🙂 some interesting things are to come in the next week so keep coming back people 🙂 and no its not chess titans so stop whining about it there are plenty of alternatives posted 🙂 and thanks to those people for posting them and all the great comments.